Skip to main content

Crisis Information

Getting Help

If you are in crisis or danger and need help immediately, please call 911.

During Business Hours (8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday):
Students in need of urgent psychological assistance should call the Counseling Center at 512-245-2208Please inform us that you are on the Round Rock campus.  An On-Call counselor is available by phone.

There is an on-call counselor available who can respond to students in crisis, as well as consult with concerned friends, family, staff, and faculty.  Examples include concerns about risk of hurting self or others, a recent traumatic event (including physical or sexual assault), or a level of distress that is impairing daily functioning.

After Business Hours:
Students in need of urgent psychological assistance should call the Williamson County crisis hotline at 1-800-841-1255. Please inform them that you are a Texas State University Student.

Students may also contact the Police by calling 911.

Sexual Assault/Harassment:

Find resources for hotlines, advocacy, reporting, counseling and Title IX.

24 Hour Crisis Hotlines

Mental Health Crisis Hotlines- Please indicate if you are a Texas State student when calling

Hays County (covering San Marcos)

Travis County - Austin Travis County Integral Care
1-844-398-8252 or 512-472-4357

Williamson County (covering Round Rock)

Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Hotlines

Hays/Caldwell Women's Center / Rape Crisis Hotline

Safe Place - Austin / Travis County

Hope Alliance - Round Rock / Williamson County

The Trevor Helpline

Crisis and Suicide Prevention Helpline for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Youth
1-866-4-U-TREVOR  (1-866-488-7386)

Trans Lifeline

This line is primarily for transgender people experiencing a crisis.