Skip to Content

Crisis Information

Getting Help

If you are in crisis or danger and need help immediately, please call 911.

During Business Hours (8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday):
Students in need of urgent psychological assistance should call the counseling center at 512-245-2208.  Please inform us that you are on the Round Rock campus. An On-Call Counselor is available by phone.

There is an on-call counselor who can respond to students in crisis, as well as consult with concerned friends, family, staff, and faculty.  Examples include concerns about risk of hurting self or others, a recent traumatic event (including physical or sexual assault), or a level of distress that is impairing daily functioning.

After Business Hours:
Students in need of urgent psychological assistance should call the Williamson County Crisis Hotline (Toll Free) at 1-800-841-1255.  Please inform them that you are a Texas State University Student.

Students may also contact the Police by calling 911.

Sexual Assault/Harassment:

Find resources for hotlines, advocacy, reporting, counseling and Title IX.

24 Hour Crisis Hotlines

Mental Health Crisis Hotlines - Please indicate if you a Texas State Student when calling

Hays County (covers San Marcos) 1-877-466-0660

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

Crisis Text Line Text START to 741-741 

Travis County - Austin Travis County Integral Care  1-844-398-8252 or 1-512-472-4357

Williamson County (covers Round Rock area) 1-800-841-125

Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Hotlines
Hays/Caldwell Women's Center / Rape Crisis Hotline 1-800-700-4292
Safe Place - Austin / Travis County 512-267-7233
Hope Alliance - Round Rock / Williamson County 1-800-460-7233
The Trevor Project
Crisis and Suicide Prevention Helpline for LGBTQ Youth                                                           
1-866-4-U-TREVOR  (1-866-488-7386)
Trans Lifeline
This line is primarily for transgender people experiencing a crisis                                  


An anonymous confidential online resource center for college students to get information regarding emotional health.                                                    
1-800-273-TALK (8255)