Skip to Content

Referral Services

Referral to Community Services

The Counseling Center has a Referral Specialist on staff at the San Marcos campus who can assist students in learning about counseling and other resources (e.g. housing, food, health care) available in the community. Students at the Round Rock campus are welcome to speak to the Referral Specialist over the phone or attend an appointment at the San Marcos campus. 

In some situations students may benefit from more frequent, longer-term, or specialized care. In these cases a student will be offered the opportunity to consult with the Counseling Center Referral Specialist about alternate resources.


Medication Service Referrals

The Counseling Center offers referrals to Student Health Center psychiatrists or physicians for medication evaluation. Students wishing to see a psychiatrist must be referred by clinical staff in the Counseling Center or medical staff in the Student Health Center. There is a co-pay for psychiatric appointments and they are only available at the San Marcos campus.

Williamson County

Leander Independent School District has published a Community Resource Guide that may be of benefit to Round Rock campus students.