Working on issues within a group setting can be a highly supportive and productive way to address personal concerns. Students who share common concerns meet weekly as a group with one or more counselors to explore a specific topic and develop coping skills. Group offerings vary each semester and lists are updated a few weeks before the semester begins.
If you are interested in a group call 512-245-2208 to be added to the group list. A group leader will contact you to schedule a pre-group consultation. Please consider activating your voice mail if you would like a message to be left when you are unavailable.
Groups are free to currently enrolled Texas State University students. Confidentiality in group therapy is respected.
FALL 2017 GROUPS
- Mindfulness Group
- Building Social Confidence
- Your Mind, Your Heart, and Your Work
- Support for Managing Bipolar Disorder
- Self-Compassion Group
- Women's Sexual Trauma Support Group
- Art- Healing Through Creativity
- Adult Children of Alcoholics / Dysfunctional Families - Breaking Free To Be Me
- Defuse Your Stress
- Facing the Fear - Overcoming Anxiety and Panic
- LGBTQIAP+ Support and Empowerment Group
- Moving Through Grief - Surviving the Death of a Loved One
- Understanding Self and Others