Making an Initial Appointment
Individual counseling is available by appointment only. Call 512-245-2208.
Please specify the Round Rock location when making appointments.
You can initiate individual counseling through an initial consultation (ICON). Common concerns bringing students to an ICON include, but are not limited to:
- I am having relationship(s) problems or recently experienced a break-up.
- I am having panic attacks.
- I am experiencing anxiety and/or stress.
- I feel depressed and/or have low mood/energy.
- I am concerned about my alcohol and/or drug use.
- I am having difficulty adjusting to a recent change.
- I am unsure about something significant in my future.
ICONs are same-day appointments. Calling earlier in the day provides you with more appointment times/options. If no appointments remain available, you will be asked to schedule on a different day.
Upon arrival, you will provide basic information and meet with a counselor to decide how the Counseling Center can best meet your needs. Various services may be recommended and scheduled. Or you may be referred to a more appropriate campus or community resource.
Please be on time for your appointment. In order to serve all students effectively, your appointment may be rescheduled if you are late.
During your ICON you will also receive a copy of the Counseling Center Important Information for Clients brochure, which provides detailed information about scheduling and canceling appointments, as well as confidentiality and privacy policies and practices.