Skip to Content

Community Mental Health Resources/Referrals

Community Mental Health Resources and Referrals

Counseling Center Referral Service

The Counseling Center has a Referral Specialist on staff who assists students in learning about community resources for counseling and other services (e.g. housing, food, health care).  A student may schedule an appointment with the Referral Specialist for this purpose.

Some students may benefit from more frequent, longer-term, or specialized care than what is available at the Counseling Center.  In these cases, a student will meet with the Referral Specialist to explore available resources and options.  The Referral Specialist may assist students in making initial contact with an outside provider or agency and can provide follow up support.

Medication Service Referrals

If a student seeks Counseling Center services through a consultation appointment or is engaged in counseling at the Counseling Center, the clinicians may refer a student to the Student Health Center physician or psychiatrists for a medication evaluation.

If a student wishes to be referred to a Student Health Center psychiatrist only and is not seeking counseling services, the student should schedule an appointment with a physician or Nurse Practitioner at the Student Health Center and they will determine eligibility for an appointment with a psychiatrist.

A student may schedule an appointment with the Referral Specialist at the Counseling Center if the student would like assistance in finding a psychiatrist in the community.


Local Mental Health Authority Contacts

Scheib Center Bluebonnet Trails
1200 N. Bishop Street
San Marcos, TX 78666 

All MH and IDD Services: (512) 392-7151  
1009 N. Georgetown St.
Round Rock, TX 78664

Intake Line: 1-844-309-6385            



Hill Country MHDD

Serves: Bandera, Blanco, Comal, Edwards, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Llano, Mason, Medina, Menard, Real, Schleicher, Sutton, Uvalde, Val Verde counties.


Integral Care

Serves: Travis County


Bluebonnet Trails

Serves: Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Lee, and Williamson counties.


The Center for Health Care Services

Serves: Bexar County


Texas Health and Human Services: Mental Health & Substance Use

This site was developed by the Texas Department of State Health Services and it provides Texans with mental health information and resources. It has a treatment locator, mobile apps, an events calendar and a list of important numbers like 2-1-1 (to connect to local mental health resources) and the Veteran's Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255).

*Click on Logo above and then on 'Crisis Services'  to see a listing of all Local Mental Health Authorities for the state of Texas.